View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Dissolving your Fantasy Team when it\'s Bad

This is mostly related to Fantasy Football (only because that is all I play at the moment) but this can refer to any fantasy league.

What are peoples' thoughts on selling/dumping your team for money and picks the following year.

For instance, I have a team that is very bad, Big Ben, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Vernon Davis, etc etc etc.

I am currently 3-5 and in last place in the whole league. I paid for multiple transactions (4 bucks each) in this league. I am now trying to recoup my transaction fees as well as some of my original investment by selling players and accumulating picks for next season.

I just made a deal:
Steve Smith + Marshawn Lynch
for
22 bucks + 4th round pick + D. Rhodes + J. Norwood

This is just one deal, I've been offered 20 bucks for Chad Johnson and imagine I'll get offers for Big Ben and Bush, I will dump all of these players. The commish is making offers and he is already not liking the look of this..

My question is this, what do you guys think of this as far as the integrity of league? Is this legit? Is this unfair? Everyone has equal opportunity to buy my players, it comes down to who wants these bums the most?

Also, think about these factors:
-I will have more picks early on next season (dump my later round picks)
-The teams I play here on out will romp me (i may even have an incomplete roster which nets to 0)

What are the other pros/cons? I like it because it makes it very NFL like in the sense that I can manage my team however I want and people can trade their picks for next season if they choose.

Thoughts on whether it is good or bad for fantasy?