View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: QQ 3ways vs. short shove & player behind; 50NL

I'm glad I found this thread before I posted my question. This has answered my some of my question, but I do have another situation that I'd like answered if ya'll have time. Below is what would have been my post if I hadn't found this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that I normally play very tight ABC, multi-tabling FR 5NL at around 12/8, although I've switched to playing even tighter so I can play more tables which is helping me build my roll faster, so I'm probably around 9/6 right now. Ubernit by Gelford, basically.

In the following situations with an unknown, which hands do you call with? Obviously AA and KK, but what about AK, AQ, QQ, JJ?

1) The villain is open shoving at least once an orbit, the only hands you've seen showndown include an Ace or King, but the second card is usually a rag; not necessarily even suited. Occasionally he'll show up with a pair. He's been lucky with a 50/50 win rate. There's one fullstack who calls in front of you and then action folds around to you. You are fullstacked. Second situation is a little more complex.

2) First hand at the table, you (MP)raise QQ to 5x with one limper(UTG). You get 4 calls and a shove from the BB which is instantly called by the limper in front of you. The effective stack so far is only 50BB because the shover and the limper are both retarded; the players behind are all playing fullstacked, though. As I see it, you only have two options here, shove or fold, but with 4 players left to act can a shove be +EV when they've already called 5xBB with all that dead money in the pot?

I get into the second situation a lot with QQ at 5NL for some reason and I generally end up folding, but I'm not sure if that's beyond nitty and just playing scared. QQ is not much of a winner for me (1/12th AA, 1/2 of JJ) because of the raise-folds I'm doing when I get shoved into.

I appreciate the help.

[/ QUOTE ]