Thread: $15/$30 6 Max
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: $15/$30 6 Max

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question for those advocating a turn bet....are you calling a raise and c/c the river? Folding to any turn heat? c/f the river? Appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Jlocdog - I don't think there will be a turn raise.

With only three players left, Hero, CO and Button, if Hero bets and CO raises, Button will find it tough to continue. If that does happen and Button folds, I'd call the raise and then check/call the river. But I don't think that will happen.

I'm going to leave here shortly. As I'm driving down the hill, I may pass someone coming in the opposite direction. I'm going to keep going if that happens, keeping to the right hand side of the road, not pulling over and stopping, afraid the other driver will pull over on my side of the road and ram me, head-on. I don't think that will happen. It's not impossible, but I don't think it will happen. Similarly, if Hero bets, and CO just calls, I don't think Button will raise.

Could Button raise, then Hero call, then CO make a limp-re-raise? Yes it's possible, but I don't think it will happen that way. So I'm not going to fold to the raise.

If CO calls and button raises, then I'm not sure. Will CO call a double big bet? If I don't think so, I re-raise. If I do think so, I simply going to call the raise.

One last possibility is if Hero bets, CO folds, and Button raises. In that ugly case, I bite the bullet and call, and then check/call the last betting round.

But considering the action up to this point, I don't think Hero will get raised if he bets. And he might take down the whole pot with a bet on the turn, or at least knock out one opponent who would otherwise have beaten him for all or part of the pot.

I'd bet the turn with no intention of folding to a raise.

I see posters advocating betting and then folding to a raise, and although I think that might be the way to play if you're in a place where you'll leave after the current hand and never see these particular opponents again, I think that line of play is exploitable and thus very short sighted if you're going to continue to play with any of these opponents or on-lookers.

Buzz