View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: What would you do if you didn\'t need money?

I think it's interesting that you're you stated you were not concerned with what people would do for recreation. Part of the reason a lot of people on this forum (or at least myself) play poker for a living is because of the synergy it offers between life, recreation and work.

I don't think my life would be much different if I had hundreds of millions. I would do more traveling, have a nicer house and car, but beyond that, not much. I am still fairly new to poker (been playing nineteen months), so I think I'd probably keep trying to improve as a player and beat the biggest / toughest games.

If and when I succeeded at that I'm sure I would look for some new challenges. Maybe it would be completing a marathon in a certain time. Maybe it would be starting a business. Maybe it would just be trying to be a good parent and partner. Maybe I'd write a novel, or try and help kids work towards their goals (rather than saying you must follow path x to succeed), and keep an open mind about their futures.

It's a tough question, I guess you first need to assess what is most important to you. Love, achievement, money, social status etc.