View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Faceplanted Last Night and Broke Tooth

Standard Saturday night stuff... I got really drunk and we couldn't get a cab after the bars closed so we jogged home. I barely remember the details, but somewhere along the way I tripped and face-planted on the curb. Seconds later I'm spitting out blood and shattered pieces of a tooth. Here is what it looks like now:

Luckily I have had no pain today. As you can maybe see, there is a very small amount of my tooth left. Most of the visible portion is gone.

I have a "Meet the Firm" dinner I need to go to Tuesday night which should hopefully lead to a job interview. I also have a career fair on Wednesday.

Does anyone have experience with fixing a broken tooth? It seems there a quite a few options from googling it and they depend on the situation of course.

How much will this cost to get fixed? Will I be able to get it fixed by Tuesday? I didn't really want to call my dentist at home tonight and figured I will wait until the morning, so I'm soliciting the second best medical advice (OOT).

My parent's should help me out with most of it, but I haven't had dental insurance since July. I am off my parent's insurance and only picked up a cheap health insurance plan.