View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: An Alternative Play When Inducing Bluffs/Bets

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm, I like it the idea, but at the same time, if I raised preflop, and I am headsup, in position (especially against one of the blinds), I just can't imagine checking on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

use your imagination, bob t. this isn't exclusive to blind steal scenarios when we've raised from LP. it was just the easiest example to construct.

maybe i shouldn't have included any examples because it's not like these are only applicable to blind steal situations. in fact, against certain opponents it really doesn't HAVE to be a HU spot(though it is most effective with one opponent b/c then you often are sacrificing too much value). i feel like the examples given are hindering the concept more than help explain it.

and i will continue to harp on this: YOUR OPPONENT IS KEY. you must know your opponent's tendencies to viably make this play. i will also add that 2p2ers as a whole(IMO) probably don't check behind on the flop often enough, but that is really sort of a different issue all together and i don't want to derail the thread to that point just yet.