View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Poker IQ Test - Results & Discussion

I got a 121, but I knew time played a factor and was hurrying through the best I could. I'm currently starting to build a bankroll, so I'm at 10NL and am winning that slightly, (6PTBB/100 so far this month, but I've run slightly bad at the start of this month, and last month I donked off too much, so overall I'm only slightly ahead). BUT, lately I have been playing well and most of the beats I've taken are bonified bad beats, so maybe I really can beat 100NL and lower as the results say. We'll see if/when my bankroll grows to where I can give it a go.

Overall, I think it's a good test since it deals mostly with tough spots. As your score improves, you're able to deal with more tough spots, which is where your winrate is going to be start jumping upwards. If you're scoring low, try to play as straightforward as possible and plan out hands to avoid tough spots. As you get more experience and can start to get a feel of what factors are important and when, your score on this test would probably improve, and you can loosen your game up and expose yourself to the tougher spots.