View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Ask me anything about PRAGUE or CZECH REPUBLIC

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any particular jazz clubs or venues to see live rock/indie bands that you would recommend?

Is Petrin hill worth checking out?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best Jazz bar is:

Agharta Jazz Club
Zelezna 16, Old Town, Prague 1

This is beacuse Agharta is a popular jazz club close to the Old Town Square, with a great atmosphere and superb acoustics. The musical style is fairly broad, covering jazz, blues, funk and swing. I love going to that bar and would recommend it.

and then

Reduta Jazz Club
Narodni 20, New Town, Prague 1

Founded in the 1950s, Reduta is one of Prague’s oldest and most well-known jazz clubs. It is famous for the ‘Two Presidents’ gig that featured Bill Clinton on the saxophone which was supposed the be amazing.

I would DEFINATELY recommend going to Petrin Hill. Once your on top of the mini eiffel tower you will get the most spectacular views of Prague. It is one of my most favourite locations in Prague. You can see Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Museum, Poweder Gate, Vyshehrad and many many more sights.

I would not leave Prague without going up it. It has a lift that is included in your daily travle ticket or costs only 12KC if you dont have one which is about $0.75