View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Re: November 27th - December 3rd NCAA Hoops Thread!

betonit, you're on fire!

Here's my plays for tomorrow:
Wash St. -2 -1053u
OSU -3.5 2u -105
Rice pk 2u -106
Iona -2 1u -105
Montana -7.5 1u -115
Pepp -5 1u -105
Marq -18.5 2u -105

The play of the day is, of course, Wash St. When will the rest of the country learn that Wash St. really is good at the basketball?

My two highlighted games are Oregon St. and Rice. Both are 2u plays for me. OSU enjoys the strongest HFA in the Pac10. Time and again, they pull off improbably upsets on that court. IIRC, they beat a decent USC team on that court last year. This year, OSU appears to be slightly better (they were attrocious last year). They are hosting a pretty mediocore Iowa St. team. On a neutral court, I'd be comfortable picking OSU and even placing money on them to win the game. In Corvalis... ISU shouldn't stand a chance. 3.5 points should be covered.

"1" and 4 E. Illinois has an encouraging win over Harris Stowe State College. Their 4 losses have been by an average of 15.5 points to an unimpressive schedule (loyola-chi, W.Ill). Rice is winless. Their schedule is only slightly better and so are their results. However, their results give slightly more hope that they might actually get a victory than e.ill. Sagarin (if we can even use sag at this point in the season) has Rice as a 5+ point fav on a neutral court. They are playing in Houston. Bet on the Owls to win their first. Profit.