View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Time to be stubborn w 88?

this is a tough spot. villain is certainly capable of pumping big cards pf. just as possible is a bigger pocket pair that got scared. even so, i don't think he's the type to back down with an overpair.

most often when he c/r the turn, we're smoked. even so, the pot is so big that we really need to showdown against this guy. i want to check the turn, but that induces us into making a big mistake against the portion of his range that we are ahead(that is very often drawing live against us in a huge pot).

based on his description i'm gritting my teeth and betting. if he raises i call and reevaluate on the river. if a diamond, ace or king comes off i don't think we beat anything. if he's capable of firing another barrel with a missed draw it's an easy call. if he's not, we can lean towards folding. if it's brick and he checks to us i would probably valuebet since i think he pays off with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. if he isn't the type to payoff with ace high and/or he is capable of bluffraising the river i'll often just showdown.