View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Prop bet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are so fortunate to live where you do though rika, i was looking at the prices of multi family houses in spokane, and no wonder you can afford to put so much % down, and pay these things off. I'm living in the boston area and would love to pull what you're doing, but 3-4 unit multi-complexes in [censored] areas are still 500k+.........what advice do u have for a msnl guy trying to replicate but living in an expensive markeT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says you have to buy in Boston? Or even within the state?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually good advice. What lots of people don't realize, is I live in Idaho, but buy in Washington. (so even I buy out of area)

The town I live in is having 4 unit places going for $400K but renting for $2,400 gross a month. Just retarded stuff. So I invest more in Spokane, where $400K buys you a 12 unit building that grosses $4000 a month.
(personally I've gone as far as New York state looking at places to date, although didn't buy any)

What I'm trying to say, buying where you live isn't a necessity, although it is helpful. (closer the better)

Also maybe save up and just invest later? Or start a business and sell chunks to get you started that way?

To be honest though, ways to start is my weakness, cause I knew how I wanted to start (and it's a traditional easy way to start) so didn't explore other options.