Thread: PREFLOP
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: PREFLOP

[ QUOTE ]
I basically never open limp.

Not saying its a mistake here tho.

But I'd like it more if there was one more loose passive outside the blinds. Even with the 50/11 guy OTB a raise will buy the button sometimes. Dunno if its worth it tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open limping is what I did. I figured that the chances of me winning the blinds with a preflop raise was almost exactly 0% and if I did raise I would be end up in a 3-4 2bet/3bet pot almost every time. Also, atleast in theory, these tags should not isolate me with trash if theyre aware of the table conditions but if they do, as TheHip said, we'll still be in a 4/5 handed pot almost every time with 2-3 terrible players.

I didnt feel like folding was an option here due to the 3 very bad players at the table. I think it's close between raising and calling preflop. I chose calling for the reason's I stated. I agree with you Oink that if there was one more loose passive fish at the table or one more loose passive fish between me and the BTN with the same fish in the BB, calling will almost certainly be better than raising.

Becuz a raise here will can win the button a non- insignificant percentage of the time, my open limping play is debatable. Anyways, I wanted to limp in so I can fit in with the guys. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Plus, it ended up being a 6 way family pot for 1 small bet each and I won a nice pot by hitting a flush on the river which proves once and for all that folding preflop can never be right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I dont care if Im playing 200-400 someday, I will still make time to play 3-6. I love this game.