View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: ATo in BB - simple flop question

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just add in that I've played nearly a thousand hands of 5/10 6-max on PokerStars this week, and if this hand happened to me online in this situation, I'd be betting here about 93% of the time. 5% would be to mix it up and c/r, and 2% would be a misclick.

Granted, my online stakes are small stakes, and players in mid-stakes (15/30 and up) are more likely to bet this flop, so I can see why you might checkraise. But I still think betting is the best play as a default.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only small stakes, but also 6-max.

[ QUOTE ]
I never said that [sound like there's no alternative], and I addressed this misguided complaint in my last post. I'm just arguing for betting as the default play given no other information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it was the tone of which you made your initial post:

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys trying to make me cry? ... Argh. This is so standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tone of that post made me believe that you wanted to lock the thread because it was absolutely stupid for anyone to even argue for a check-raise alternative. Admit it, you were probably on the verge of doing it. With the tone and content of that post alone, my belief is that a lot of people who would even think of expressing a post containing "check-raise" might have backed off in fear of being ridiculed.

[ QUOTE ]
It's "perspective."

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it, I'm intensely studying "prospective" and "retrospective" scheduling of amortization schedules for my test. I knew this would bite me in the a**.

Garland