View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 AM

Default Re: I want to turn pro after college

I'd definitely say you should give it a shot going pro right out of school man, why not, I graduated in May and am glad I turned pro, it's great money, tons of freedom, etc, etc....

the legislation is obviously a big downside, but we really don't know what's going to happen, my plans are as follows: I plan on traveling the country these next 9 months while still playing online, then if the ban gets enfroced prob go to grad school in Canada or the UK for a year or 2, and then if it boils down to it I'll come back and get a real job.....

personally, I'm the type of person that takes the chance doing what I want, I'm never going to sit back 20 years from now and wonder "what if _____", I've already done this on a number of occasions in my life, and I'm happy w/ the way everything has turned out.... traditionally you're not "supposed" to come out of a school like that and play poker for a living, but who cares, do what's best for you... if that's what's going to make you happy, do it... you can always give it a shot and if you're not happy w/ it go and get a real job... just my 2 cents... feel free to PM me too if you have any other questions