View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Most annoying TV poker players who act up cuz of camera!

I can understand getting exposure to a national audience for the first time for a big event broadcast might be exciting, and it even might be worth it to act like a douche in order to be more 'memorable' so you can stretch your 5 minutes of fame.

And in some cases (eg harved khan), those antics and acting wayyy out of character might even be TV worthy enough to warrant extra coverage from network and plotline.

But to go apeshit (see khan), act like you think your a comedian or rapper when you are definitely NOT (laak or prahlad), or act all high and mighty like you can lecture or talk down to the players you knock out (molina), just bugs the hell out of me.

So with that in mind, here is my list of annoying TV whores, and their corrsponding lo-lites:

- Khan (stupid dance and screaming around like as if he does that all the time, while looking like a chubby moron)
- Eric molina (snot nosed little punk who lucked out to make it that far, and lucked out on huge hand when better hand called him allin, then lectures and berates the guy on exit from table)

- Laak (the original 'act like an idiot for the camera' when TV poker was starting to catch on)

- Duke (trust me, no one cares about that tramp-stamp on your back)

- Hellmuth (literally lies flat on the floor after a drawout, then proceeds to 'educate' audience about what happened...yeah phil, he had a draw and got there, we all know what that feels like)

- Gold (ok, just a little jealous i admit, but his smug face when he kept hitting every ridiculous flop after another, and hit just about every draw after the flop even, just bugged me)

- Kiddo Pham (thinks he is a big shot, and goes around yapping to other players and tries to create drama on his hands, but played final table of that WPT event as bad as anyone i can remmeber)

- Hachem (ok i like him personally, and i think he is a well spoken guy, and was a good champion, but his exagerated walkoffs, while awaiting turn and river cards during every allin got to be too much. Mind you i think it was only for that one tournament he did that)

OK i'm done venting....