View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Contraversial AC Related Thread (TL;PR)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of the many things you are missing the most important is probably that in a democracy you don't get to say no. Its quite simple a free market if you don't want to pay $1200 for a 42" plasma TV you can just not buy it. If in a democracy 51% of people vote that I must buy that TV for $1200 then I must even though I'm in the dissenting half. The ability to say no makes the market vastly superior to a "free market of politics".

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. It's clear that freedom both in the market and in politics is a spectrum, and I'm not trying to say that there is no benefit to freeing up a market. I'm just saying that at a fundamental level, the market has the same problem that any sort of democracy will. That the problem isn't as pronounced in the market as it is in politics simply means we must be more vigilant in the political arena (which is, sadly enough, where we are LEAST vigilant in the USA).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, this sounds to me like you are admitting the market is better than the government, and yet you want us to choose government why?