View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheRempel

I'd like to know some details about your shot-taking, and am too lazy to read your blog. What is the largest % of your roll you will put down on a table?

Ideally it should never be more than 20% but I am very good at breaking my own rules and have definitely played with 100% of my roll on the table at times.

Will you ever break this rule if you see a live one?

While I feel my edge is much larger in PLO against bad opponents than it is in HE, I am less likely to take a shot at the same level of PLO as NL due to the variance. Generally when shottaking I'm looking for a very aggro game where I can get in cheap (about 50bbs) and hopefully parlay that stack into a 2 or 3 BI win.

How often will you chase losses at big tables?
I try not to take shots when I'm losing, because generally when I'm losing it's not only due to variance. I will follow a really bad fish around to a level 2 or 3 times my normal BI though.

If you do well at a table, and you get a large stack (say > 200 BBs) and there is someone else who is good that covers, will you take the money off if it's a good % of your roll?

I don't rathole because I think it's unethical. If I make a quick score and leave the table I'm done for the night. It would have to be a very tough lineup for me to leave when there are still one or two uberfish in the game. I enjoy playing deepstacked and generally something is wrong when I've been at a table for few hours and don't have > 300BB's.

Do you consider yourself better or worse than Roundtower specifically at PLO, and why?

I really don't know. We've played less than 100 hands together. In terms of experience I have probably played quite a lot more hands than him, but that means little.

Coffee or tea?

Coffee, black, with lots of sugar. Lotttttts of sugar.

What else do you do in your life other than omaha?

Sadly not much these days.

What is your career PTBB/100?

That varies wildly from level to level. Unfortunately I decided to split up my PTO databases back in the summer based on month so I can't readily access that data. Currently I'm running at 76BB/100 in the Party $200 PLO game this month but obviously that's a small sample and I am running super hot. The game is so good however that I think I can easily maintain 15-20BB/100 with no problem.

What are the biggest leaks in your game?
Bluffing call stations.

Are you planning on doing this the rest of your life or are there other things that interest you more, if so what are they and why aren't you doing them now?

I've considered a lot of things. I would like to get into real estate at some point when I have enough liquid assets. I have also thought about culinary school. I love to cook.

How many times in the future do you estimate you will go busto?

Depends on your definition of busto. Given my tendencies I am sure my br will be close to 0 at some points but I am working on converting some of my poker income into other assets to fall back on during these times.

Do you read Kurt Vonnegut?

I have most of his books in hardback but haven't read any in a few years. He is definitely on of my top 5 writers.