View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In a multi table tournament it would be impossible to regulate all of the potential problems that could arise from showing cards during the play of the hand and everyone is affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt-

What are these other problems that arise from Daniel's point #2. Are you worried showing cards to an opponent in a heads up pot at a full table would coax other players to say something about the hand/violate other rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's heads up and I turn over my hand, get a read and fold. I would have busted otherwise. Is it fair to all of the people I bust after this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed like a reasonable question to me unless you're laughing at the presumption that he'll take anyone out. Even so the results of the hand, as with the results of every hand, impacts everyone in the tournament. If, as DN says, this is a true part of the game of poker, then it doesn't matter. If you don't see this as a part of the game then it does. I don't, but where you draw the line between legitimate gamesmanship and angle shooting isn't clear cut. I don't see this as angle shooting, but some grey area in between the two. Reasonable minds could have a different opinion.

Now the "show one, show both" rule makes absolutely no sense. (As long as the one you show is shown to everyone.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It would cause a lot of problems, Daniel assumes that when he exposed the hand everyone at the tables would just sit back and watch. IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN! People would be commenting, maybe he makes a comment, maybe the player he is up against says something, when did that become poker. I personally think it would make the game "more fun" but do not think it would make it more fair or easier to regulate against colluders or people that do not even realize basic poker etiquette.

Daniel is the best talker in the game today and changing this rule would benefit him more than anyone else. Should we change rules to benefit certain players?

I repeat the only two people I heard this from during my three years as tenure of the WSOP TD was "Amarillo" Slim Preston and "Oklahoma" Johnny Hale and that should say it all!

Right now the current rule is losing in the player poll 40% to 60% but most of the comments favor NOT showing cards so I am not sure what that means. Should the better, quicker, and more aggressive talkers have an advantage over people that do not have the gift of gab? Many top players DO NOT agree with Daniel despite what he says and if anyone thinks this would make better for new players is wrong.

I should get a few votes just for getting Daniel posting on 2 + 2 again :-)

Matt Savage