View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In a multi table tournament it would be impossible to regulate all of the potential problems that could arise from showing cards during the play of the hand and everyone is affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt-

What are these other problems that arise from Daniel's point #2. Are you worried showing cards to an opponent in a heads up pot at a full table would coax other players to say something about the hand/violate other rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's heads up and I turn over my hand, get a read and fold. I would have busted otherwise. Is it fair to all of the people I bust after this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed like a reasonable question to me unless you're laughing at the presumption that he'll take anyone out. Even so the results of the hand, as with the results of every hand, impacts everyone in the tournament. If, as DN says, this is a true part of the game of poker, then it doesn't matter. If you don't see this as a part of the game then it does. I don't, but where you draw the line between legitimate gamesmanship and angle shooting isn't clear cut. I don't see this as angle shooting, but some grey area in between the two. Reasonable minds could have a different opinion.

Now the "show one, show both" rule makes absolutely no sense. (As long as the one you show is shown to everyone.)