View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: need help with strategy against bad players

[ QUOTE ]
I like anything but a raise here. If stacks were deep I'd favor calling with either, but folding the T9o is fine (I'm a little tighter around loose beginners). I'd like getting in cheap w/ marginal hands with position against these guys, no point in raising with those hands when there's no much fold equity.

Since you're presumably the best player post-flop and have position, I'd do most of my work on the flop.

Although, you could take advantage of an opportunity to advertise here to set up a bigger pot for when you get a big hand later on.

But generally, against weaker players with a tendency to call I like betting/raising legit hands for value, and kind of Negreanu-esque limp-in/smallball thing with marginal hands. Obviously I'm looking to play the level 0 guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like grade A advice. If you're playing implied odds (which is probably the case, since it's highly unlikely T9 is best right now) you should make your implied odds as good as possible. That means a small preflop investment, and that means call.