View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Calling the floor to replace a misdealt turn card?

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce does very few things consistently, but in this area I have ALWAYS seen:

1) dealer calls the floor (and ignores what anyone at the table is saying)
2) on explaining that the turn card was exposed too early before all the action closed, the card is put aside and action is completed on the flop.
3) A new turn card is exposed with a betting round.
4) The bad turn card is returned to the live portion of the deck which is shuffled.
5) A river card is exposed and I've seen the prior bad turn card return to the board on the river. Destiny.

I've never seen a dealer even hesitate to call the floor in this kind of situation. Maybe Foxwoods docks your dealers for making this kind of mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't steps 4 and 3 be reversed?

It looks like chess says this is how it was handled as well but it doesn't make sense to me that the turn card not be shuffled back into the deck since IMO it is a live card that should have a chance to hit the turn again.

Is this done to make sure the "river card" still winds up on the board or something? That seems dumb since no one knows what the river card is and its irrelevant whereas removing the 7s from the deck while dealing the turn actually affects the hand.