View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 25/50 - Turned Trips, Rivered Boat OOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate checking turn, id lead riv

[/ QUOTE ]

he'll obviously fold bluffs (i'd assume), can you think of a single hand that he would call the river with that he would not bet when checked to? i can't find one tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

fake block bet can induce a raise, and depending on how thin he value bets/calls down, I can see him calling with anything from a low flush to just the top pair..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but this same logic applies to checking the river...
i think checking this river or betting it depends alot on villain

a check is obvi much better if he is more likely to call CR with a flush then he is to raise a weak lead bc we get the same value out of a good king with a bet or a CR since he isnt raising our block with AK and since he isnt calling our CR with it either

and obviously the opposite holds if he raises lighter than he calls...

i think i fall in the check river camp as a default though bc of the hands we could be CRing for value: good flushes and FHs, we shouldnt really have those in our range bc almost all of them CR the turn, therefore i could see him looking up a CR light but still almost never raising our "fake blocker" with a KX hand

also i dont like the turn check unless your CRing there which i dont like bc he prolly gets away from KX given the spade...so i think i bet turn and bet river