View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: More on live poker etiquette

Sounds like the folks at CAZ have let the players run the games for so long now they see no hope in ever regaining control. Players can have plenty of fun and have all the conversations they want once the hand is over. When there's money still to be bet, STFU. It's really not that hard, and if management had kept it under control in the first place it wouldn't be such an issue now. Dealers and floors apparently got lazy over yonder.

I don't see games running like this in Vegas very often. The dealers and the floors usually tell folks to STFU when it's appropriate, and if they fail to a player usually steps in (sometimes politely, sometimes not--Last such player correction ran something like "thank you so much for analyzing this board and the play so far for this gentleman over there who's still in; I'm sure he appreciated your thoughtful commentary and you filled in any holes in his knowledge" and the guy who'd been running his mouth turned red and insta-apologized). It's not a big deal. But if places like CAZ are letting this go, I understand why visitors to Vegas are getting their hands slapped from time to time. Nip it in the bud.

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!" --Barney Fife