View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Two live 1/3 200NL hands

Let me preface this with I'm just starting to try out NL with an almost entirely limit background, so these situations might seem obvious to you more experienced players.

Both take place in a live 1/3 NL game with a $100-$200 buyin, fairly early in the session so my player reads aren't very developed.

First hand, I have about $200 in front of me, and villian has about $150.

I'm UTG+1, but first to act when UTG straddles for $6. I'm delt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to $20. Villian reraises to $55 to go, and it's folded back to me (he has ~$70 behind.)
Pot size: $79
Villian hasn't played too many hands at this point, what's my play?

Second hand, I'm UTG+1 again with ~$300, and again UTG straddles for $6. Villian in this hand is the UTG straddler, with about $150 in front of him. He seemes somewhat decent, but can be tricky on occation, but has been running bad since I sat down.

I look down at T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and raise to $20 again. It's folded to UTG who calls.
Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and villian checks to me.
Pot size: $38
What's my play?