View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Key Concept: What is the correct answer? (NLTRN)

Depending on the player generally 15-20 is when I stop flat calling OOP, regardless of my hand.

There are exceptions based on reads I have that alters the difference in value I feel I have between raising/shove or folding and calling OOP. There isn't much of a "frequency" thing as far as playing big hands differently because I rarely play the same players more than a few times each at most. If I'm going to get tricky it is for a good reason and not just to "mix things up."

An example would be a guy that raises a very wide range at the 15-20bb level. I would be raising a wider than usual range OOP. If I know he cbets almost everything I'll probably flat call with a hand like say AA OOP. QQ would be good here as well. But for AA I would just c/r all in on the flop and he would be committed with a lot of hands and I'm crushing his range. That would be an example against a specific type of player that I feel flat calling at these kind of blind levels is more valuable to me than raising his wide opening range of hands (meaning he folds a ton). It would still be profitable to raise a hand like AA here obviously, but I may get more profit overall by flat calling and c/r all in.

Also, I don't want to make it seem like if I have 21 bbs I'm flat calling OOP a lot. I am not. It's just usually around 15-20 I don't flat call at all OOP.