View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: I\'m becoming a live player

The KJdd hand was before busto was moved to the table.

How do people play each of these hands?

I was more or less just looking for chances to limp, to ask peoples opinions.

I think in hand 1 if I'm like 8-900 chips deeper its fine, I probably tend to fold generally.

Hand 2, for people saying its a bad limp, do you open here or do you fold? With a 19BB stack, some people I know have begun folding that if there are more stacks in the 10-25BB range behind, and some people I know just fold it as their default play. For those of you who do open, do you think limping is better than folding?

I really think that limping here with some agressive players behind is fine since in a tourney like the 109r, so many people isolate overly wide, and expect you to only limp shove absolute monsters, whereas other players isolate tight enough that you save yourself a few bets if they get their AA/AK etc.

The 3rd one I just put in the thread because it involved limping, do you prefer isolating or folding?

[ QUOTE ]
I think stuff like this might be more appropriate in a tournament that's not the 100r where people will brutalize you. I like that you tried it out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think I disagree with the 100r is a tourney where everyone plays overly aggressive, and likes putting all the money in first, so with hands that don't fare well against reasonable shoving ranges, limp shoving against people who fold a lot of their raising range seems reasonable unless I'm misunderstanding.

Also, for the KJdd hand, what % of the time would you estimate it folds to the blinds? If you know that HJ through button are folding, how much extra more value(if any) do you think raising to like 900 gains as opposed to limping?