View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Stars 50K Guaranteed - The Dreaded Min Raise

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree slightly. We don't really know what kind of player this is. Is this a loose-aggressive passive, a loose-passive aggressive, loose-aggressive aggressive, or loose-passive, passive? See where I'm going with this? If OP has been playing a while with him, what are the reads postflop? And playing 50% and limp calling raises, imo, isn't very passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this... you havent logged enough hands to convince me otherwise... and as I pointed out earlier this creates all sorts of post flop problems for you to smooth call preflop... many times where you are folding the best hand post flop... Im not sure what you think his exact range is here but if it is AA or KK I assume the value/EV you are refering to is implied odds vs stacking him in an attempt to set mine???... which means you fold to often while ahead... and if you dont then you are probably commiting too much money while behind to find out you are indeed beat... you just have no idea where you stand... I like folding better then calling if you are going to play this nitty and you lack the discipline/experience needed to play this corretly post-flop...