Thread: $10 JJ spot
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: $10 JJ spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet 600 on flop, 600 on turn, check on river. The way you played it, at least bet on the river. Unless he's slowplaying so bad he's psyched himself out, you're ahead of a lot of his calling hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would mean betting 600 into a pot of 2k on the turn? What the reasoning for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not Ynnos put I would assume that this is a nearly unexploitable probe bet... for example... Ynnos instead has AK in the above hand rather then JJ... on the flop he puts out a C-bet and is called... the turn brings an A... If he makes this same bet in that situation as he does here I like this play... because it sort of forces your opponent to act with little risk to you... if he flopped the str8, a set, or 2-pair in this spot the villian is going to have to define that at this point and it likely to give up otherwise... (this is obviously most effective if you yourself could hold 97s or a set in this spot... which requires a unique set of open raising hands preflop... really this isnt going to matter unless you are up against a VERY good pro aggro but I had to say it anyways)

If you arent doing that then I think betting a more reasonable amount between 1/2-3/4 the pot on the turn is the best course of action...