View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: 50NL, two hands I am lost in

Hand 1:
Villain seems decent from available stats, although the sample size is very small.
I would not cold-call his PF-Raise. You basically need to hit a T on a monotone, low board for TPTK, or a flush draw to really proceed comfortably. Anything else is just a lot of guesswork. Your goal is to make your decisions clear and simple as possible.
I think you have two options:
Re-raise pot, or fold, pre-flop. I think both are perfectly acceptable. Not many players can win consistently cold-calling raises with these types of hands at these stakes. You need to be the aggressor, raise or fold!
On the flop, you absolutely must raise, fold to a re-raise; bet turn, and probably check behind on river if possible with showdown value.
As played, fold turn.

Hand 2: This is pretty tough.
I would c-bet here almost 100% of the time. You have TPTK. Pocket pairs smaller than TT are going to fold as will random suited connecter type hands. Any action you get will pretty much tell you where you are, but you certainly don't want to lose a lot of money post-flop with this board. Bet and fold to a raise, but I think check/folding is really weak.

It's a really tough, unfortunate board, but you need to continue to be the aggressor.

Just my thoughts, I'm still learning as well.