View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Low gutshot on 4th in a $10/$20 game

[ QUOTE ]
Is Hero better off jamming to try to knock out the probable pair of Kings, or calling and hoping he comes along?

[/ QUOTE ] The kings aren't what you should be specifically concerned with on 4th. The suited baby for the bringin isn't a good card for you. Granted, he's the bringin, and he did just call the raise (and clubs are quite dead), so you're probably ahead of him - given that I like the jam - not because we specifically want to punish the kings, but because we're less concerned than we normally should be about the bringin's hand - and we can both punish the king and the likely inferior low hand of the bringin.

[ QUOTE ]
Should Hero find a fold on 5th or 6th?

[/ QUOTE ] No, one of the side effect/benefits/consequences of jamming early is that it ties you on a bit more than normal - you have reasonable calls on 5th and 6th. Now 7th street is interesting - it may not initially appear as a super spot, but that 9 is a very good card for you, and if I had seen any donking/fishy tendencies from this bringin player previously I may very well raise there - I can see an occasional scoop and very little chances of getting scooped ourselves.