View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Trip Report - DUI

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get a lawyer and beat this BS. Did you get a blood alcohol test? You should have. Anyway, the fact that the "cop" (lol women police officers) made you blow into the breathalyzer 5 times is going to help you out, I think. This means you blew 4 0.08s and 1 0.09.

And to all those people saying "OP is an idiot and got what he deserved": He passed the sobriety tests, so he wasn't impaired. Having a blood alcohol level of around 0.1 doesn't increase your chances of getting into an accident any more than fiddling with the radio.

You are an idiot for driving 90, though. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the funny thing... I know that the blood tests are way more accurate, so I was contemplating requesting that.

But the CHP officer said that since I had "good lungs and was fairly athletic, the breathe test would work in my favor"... I don't know if this is true or if she was trying to trap.

Also, when they arrested me and put me in handcuffs... I never got read my miranda rights... does this matter? or only in felony cases?

[/ QUOTE ]

You only get read your Miranda Rights when you're in custody and they begin to question you on the commission of a crime. If you're not in "custody" they can ask some probing questions and so forth. But the key being you have to be in custody while they question you in order for you to be read your Miranda.

-and tuq, Guids,Alobar are basically right in this thread. You douche bags need to get off your high [censored] horses when it comes to [censored] like DUI. It's not the worst thing in the world, despite how hard you guys try to make it seem like it is. The whole .008 thing is [censored], and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.