View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: What\'s the REAL reason(s) so many \"top\" players are busto?

[ QUOTE ]
What about Nikki Jedlicka specifically? I think a number of 2p2ers have a lot of respect for his game, and I KNOW Phil Ivey does. From what I've read it was a $1.1m downswing (rumored to be since he signed with FTP) that busted his online BR and has him saying he isn't planning on redepositing anytime soon. Was he just playing too high the whole time (during his $2m+ upswing AND $1m downswing? What is it with so many HS players (DB comes to mind) living the high life one day, and seemingly crippled the next?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a 3,2 mil up-swing, this was after he started taking shots at the 200$/400$ PLO Tables at FTP, playing his A+ Game, really being completely focused.
After he was winning like crazy for approx. 2 months, it got hard to concentrate, since winning 300k in one session got a little boring.
So he started to get bored while playing, tilting some money off, the stakes simply didn't mean much to him.
That's when he started to make bad decisions, get unlucky, get "shy" on the poker tables, which enabled players, who have been at the top for such a long time, to take advantage of him, getting 1,1 mil back, this down-swing started right after he signed up with FTP, playing under Niki Jedlicka.
He has now 0,00 $ on FTP, and doesn't plan to start playing anytime soon.

This is ofcourse not the entire truth, but as much as I find out by googling / reading his blog / chatting with him.

-Kami