View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: 5CD Question about Value Bets/Raises

[ QUOTE ]
I just had a phenomenal run on PL50 on Stars, getting great cards and good payoff. However, I'm definitly uncertain if I extracted the most value out of my Hands, so I'd like to discuss some of them.

UTG Raises to 1.50, MP Calls, CO and BU Fold. On my SB I look at 888 and raise to 5.50, hoping to take the pot down right away but not minding a call too much. UTG calls.

I draw 2 (I think it might have been wiser to draw 1 in this case from a psychological view, but it was time to mix it up a bit and draw 2), UTG was pat.

I manage to spike a miracle full house, drawing 2 9s. Great spot for a check raise, so I check. UTG bets pot. This bet actually kind of scared me. It wasn't a smallish bet trying to be paid off but rather a big "I have you beat even IF you filled up" kind of bet. I simply called, UTG showed down a wheel.

Afterwards someone asked why I didn't reraise with my Full House. Well, that large bet was kind of scary to star with, but my Hand was pretty much face up. If I reraise, I have a Full House at least, and would likely only be called by a better hand. I feel good about not reraising, but at the same time I wonder if your average PL50 player would have paid me off with a Hand I could beat as a crying call enough to warrant a raise there.

UTG limps, CO raises to 1.50, BU and SB Fold, I find JJJ and raise to 3.50 from the BB. UTG calls, CO folds.

I draw one, UTG draws 1. I don't improve. I figured UTG to be a decent player and put him on trips here as well.

Should I be leading out here or go for check/call? Turns out UTG was steaming from my recent run of good cards and called with an OESD and checked behind, so there's no value lost in this specific hand. But generally speaking, how should I play small, medium and big trips when most likely facing other trips when I'm OOP?

#3 Freeplay in the BB, MP and SB limped. I draw 4 to an Ace and end up with a pair of Aces, the other two each drew 3. SB checks. Should I lead out here or go for a check/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 Check/raise pot, you are ahead of his range.

#2 Bet pot, you are ahead of his range.

#3 Check/fold against most opps.