View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL BBV Thread - December***

<u>Ironic Moment for a Downswing</u>

So we run pretty good for 10k hands at 10NL profiting 28 BI's without any significant downswings to speak of. We take a shot at 25NL when we reach a proper bankrolled amount. Now comes chapter 2...

First 315 hands at 25NL we find ourselves losing 5 BI's with virtually the same statistics (TAGish) as we found ourselves playing at 10NL. Had some bad beats combined with marginal spots which I couldn't decide which way to go.

Now I understand the quality of play is, supposedly, better at 25NL as compared to 10NL, but the irony in the downswing coming the second you move up in limits is a bit demotivating.

My stats for 10NL through 10k hands were 21/17 with a Total AF of 3.6

25NL through 315 hands was 17/16 Total AF of 4.5...I found myself getting played back at when I was raising too many hands, therefore I tightened up my pf hand selection a tad. AF will come down with a larger sample size I think.

After this run I'm forced to move back down to 10NL until I'm bankrolled for 25NL again.

When I try again should I take the same approach? Any thoughts, comments, similar experiences? Do I need to shift my game drastically for 25NL?