View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Wow, that was racist

[ QUOTE ]
My point is not that there are NO interactions between natives and other races in Canada, it's that there are very few interactions between natives and other races in Canada compared to, say, east asians. I can't believe that racism against natives is "worse than any other group in North America" when they barely interact with other groups at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't misinterpret your post. I'm disagreeing with this. There are a lot of interactions between Natives and other Canadians, and they're often VERY heated. There have been way more high-profile incidents involving Natives and racism then against any other ethnic group in Canada. The area I'm from any unsolved vandalism, crime, or theft was blamed on Natives from the reserve which was 30-40 kilometres away. This is a pretty typical situation in large portions of Ontario.

In Toronto itself there are probably lots of areas where there are little to no interactions with Natives, but thats definitely not the norm in a very large portion of Canada.