View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: betting on Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
Tom,

The goal of those organizing the teaparty "bomb" is to get 100,000 people to donate $100. There are already over 20,000 pledges. There were around 18,000 pledges for 11/5 and almost 39,000 donations. Whether or not the same ratio will play out here, who knows. I agree though, that 10 million seems a bit far fetched. My guess is 5.5 million raised on 12/16 but I hope I am proven wrong (wrong as in I guessed too low, ldo).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I think that 10 Mil WOULD be possible, if people could donate more than the 2300. But I'm sure that quite a few used that already on the first day. I think he'll end around 6 M, which would be really amazing.

BUT, it's true that the campaign does need more now. If you're thinking about donating $1000 on the bomb day, I'd seriously think about splitting that in some ratio to donate now/then. The money bombs are great, but I hope that after this one, the emphasis is more on volunteering/constant donations, rather than another big bomb. Paul has the money and the media coverage now that he didn't have then. It's time to put the troops on the ground, as they say.