View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40...Turn action?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Threebet...people are raising here if they can beat AA and AK, not if they can beat KK and QQ...threebet and obv call down unless improvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if I put stuff like J3o and Q3o in his range, you dont have enough equity to 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's absurd, of course you should 3-bet if you can put J3o and Q3o in his range. those hands probably aren't in his range though so i'd just call down here

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I did something really wrong, we have slightly more than 60% eq which isnt enough because he caps with everything that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's assume:

1. if you 3-bet and you have him beat he calls down every time
2. if you 3-bet and he has you beat, he 4-bets you and you call a river bet every time

1. 60% of the time you win 1 turn bet and 1 river bet for a total of 2 bets. 0.6 x 2 = 1.2
2. 40% of the time you lose 2 turn bets and 1 river bet for a total of 3 bets. 0.4 x 3 = 1.2

so based on this simple assumption 3-betting is break even. however, this doesn't factor in the times you get to raise when you suckout on the river, your opponent making a full house on the river giving you a bigger full house and thus more action, or the rare times you're ahead on the turn even when 4-bet.