View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Two hands that got me thinking semi deep in a mtt

The site i was playing on i cant figure out how to post the hand history so ill do the best i can explaining it. The first hand i think i made the correct play but the second hand i think i made because i was getting pissed at the villan. I just got moved to a new table with no reads... i have a 27k stack with 300/600 blinds. This tournament was a rebuy btw. There is 75 people left and top 50 cash.
I am second off the button and recieve AK off... utg smooth calls and it folds to me and i bump it up to 2700, it folds to the bb who goes all in with a 40k stack covering me, utg folds and, I decide its not worth it and fold. I was thinking he had AK QQ, JJ, but i really didnt think he would over bet that with KK or AA. I realized i had a big enough stack that i didnt need to risk it to a toss up and also being possibly behind.

a few hands later i pick up AcKs again 3 postions off the button... again there is a utg limper and i bump it up to 3000... the sb (same guy who re popped me all in)calls with around a 55k stack and i started the hand with a 23k stack. bb and utg folds and flop comes J72 all spades. So i have the K high flush draw. SB checks and so do i (think that it was a mistake checking) turn comes a 6 non spade and he bets the pot which is around 8k i believe... from a few hands ago i was still mad about that overbet all in and i really thought i could get him off the hand and i also had the second nut flush draw to back me up. I pushed all in 12k more and he thought for a while and finally called with AJ, i bricked the river and was out of the tourney. The funny thing is i should have thought about the hand more and folded realizing i still had 30 bbs lol but i was also playing to win. I thought he might have held a weak jack or a complete bluff and i could get him off the hand.

Any opinions on how i should have played these hands? Also sorry again if it is tough to read i just cant figure out how to post the HHs from cake poker.

Thanks...F