View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM

Default Re: 6000th Post. Let\'s Try This Hand Reading Thing Again

[ QUOTE ]
I will expand on this later as I'm about to head out for the night, and for that matter I'm taking a train for the bulk of the day tomorrow and I can't respond then. FWIW there is a chance I make some drunk posting later night. Also FWIW I have a bit of buzz now so sorry if I offend anyone, namely Drzen.

Drzen you are wrong and you didn't seem to read my post.
I think most vilians are playing two pair or a set stronger at some point in the hand.
Therefore I eliminate those hands in my river range, yes they are there occasionally, but a very small percent of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I don't think that's an issue.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think one pair hands are minraising the river, and I don't think air is minraising the river therefore I think villians most likely hand is a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Well, I did read your post and you didn't give any reason those hands wouldn't minraise the river and you don't again here. So I guess I wasn't wrong. You didn't "hand read". You excluded hands that didn't fit your thesis. That's different. FWIW, I think Ax does sometimes raise here precisely because *your* action looks like a TP that was scared by the turn ace and they think you might fold if you have something a bit better. Actually, it's a damned good move on their part because that would be a correct read, and we just folded the best hand.

And I'm not offended. Why would I be? You discounted hands just because you don't think they ever raise. I think they sometimes do.