View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Louisiana/Mississippi -anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
It's about a 25 second walk form the GoldStrike to the Horseshoe maybe 5 mins from poker room to poker room.

I can't speak for January but when I there for the WSOP circut event a couple of weeks ago the grand had 2-5-10 on the button PLO that went off an on and all the bigger games were at the Horseshoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

The January action will be MUCH bigger than the Sept WSOP-circuit activity. Not even close.

You'll have some pretty decent size games going at Gold Strike (and Horseshoe too of course).
10/25 PLO I believe...as well as 25/50 PLO perhaps??

Upstairs at the Gold Strike they take the convention room and have 80 poker-tables set up in there.
They still have their tables in their regular poker-room (12 or so I think) and also set them up in the hall-way outside the room.

Lots of tournament and cash-game action.

And, of course, a lot of big-action at the Horseshoe as well.

Gold Strike and Horseshoe are next-door to each other. They couldn't be any closer without being attached (they practically are).

The Grand is about a 5-minute drive up the road and it is not a reasonable walk. They have shuttles that run people around though.

Strongly consider staying at the Sheraton which is right next door to the Horseshoe also.
The rooms are really pretty nice there (definitely nicer than Gold Strike...I've never stayed at Horseshoe).
Every Sheraton room is a jacuzzi-suite and it's kind of nice if you have a GF or wife tagging along.

I do very much recommend making your reservations NOW though because the rooms WILL sell-out for January.