View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 25NL AK hand 300bb deep

[ QUOTE ]
I'm posting at work on my phone, but the mistake on this hand was not checking behind on the turn.

I'll post more when I get home in 6 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I check behind on the turn.

You are WA/WB and if you play this hand for a lot of BBs you are probably behind to a lucky 3 or a K7/77 that got very lucky.

Your hand can't stand a lot of heat on this board so I'd use my superior position and exercise pot control. I'd then call a psb on any river or bet if checked to. If I got C/r on the river I'd fold.

I think villain could have a worse K, trips, a mid pp, or some weird 2p and I think he might bet his weaker hands if we show weakness on the turn. I think betting the turn folds out weak hands that called a flop bet b/c they didn't think you had it and leaves only the strongest of the weak K and the hands that beat you.

So I'd check the turn for the above reasons.

As played:

Unless this guys made a habit of check raising/check minraising the turn; he's not doing this with any hand you beat. One pair is no good here; he either has a 3, a floated 77; or (not likely) K7. KQ doesn't do this; I give him credit and let him win a medium size pot.