View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Video: Entity and the Road to Robusto

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I loved the video and your explanations and commentary.
I'm not sure how to ask this. Did you make some plays in this video where you were trying or hoping to set someone up for the long run in hopes of exploiting their play? Or do the players come into the game and leave after too short of a time to make that possible? I see you have some stats where the players have over 500 hands played while most were around 150 or less. Do these players tend to sit down for over an hour or is it more of a 30 minute to hour table? I know this will vary per player, per game, per when the session is held, whether at 8PM EST or 2AM EST or 10AM EST, but as a general rule....??

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that pretty frequently a player I have a lot of hands on is going to be a TAG who is often playing multiple (often 4-6 or more) tables, which allows me to easily gather statistics when I observe tables on them before I sit down to play. That said, I very rarely engage in any specific play that is "non-standard" in order to set anyone up later; I will, however, play hands differently based on how they play (or on how I believe they play). For example, you'll note a pretty questionable fold I made with TPTK (DeathDonkey later yelled at me about it) that I think is pretty close but only because I know what I know about that player (tight preflop, which leaves lots of suited hands in his range but very few 1pr hands given his play there), and when I combine my knowledge of his stats and how he's played TP-type hands vs me before it becomes a much much closer decision.

Rob