View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Strattera(ADHD med) making me feel like crap

mbillie, this drug is not fun to be on long term. i've been on it for 3 days and already hate it. i'm sure it's great fun to use on an occasional basis to get high, but if you're taking it every day, the fun wears off real fast.

i still haven't gone to bed yet. i've stopped taking the dex and have just stuck to taking the adderall xr every morning.

i woke up friday morning, the 27th, at 7 am, and haven't slept since. even cutting out the dex i am just not tired. i've eaten breakfast once(my only meal) and drank a lot of diet coke since then.

my doc said the adderall xr would probably last me about 10 hours and i find that it helps me concentrate for about 14-16, but the appetite suppressant and sleep deprivation effects continue all the way until i take my dose at 9 am the following morning. could having a slow metabolism have something to do with the drug staying in my body longer than it should?

i'm not even sure if I have ADD any more. I know that this thing helps me stay awake a long time, kind of a speedy feeling, but I'm not hyper. I feel very relaxed but have huge amounts of energy also. I can choose whether or not to use them though. I could go out and run a lot right now but I just feel like sitting here for the moment.

Is it dangerous to be on this drug under the supervision of a doctor if it turns out that I don't have ADD, Mr P? I'd think no because the drug is supposedly very safe if not abused, and I never take more than the prescribed dose.

It def helps me focus and concentrate a ton bu the doc said it would do that for everyone, just people with ADD notice a bigger increase, to a normal level, while people with already normal levels just get a smaller, but still noticeable increase. Meh

I do love the calming effect though. nothing really irritates me anymore. maybe it's a sign that i do have add.