View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the media for reporting this story during the World Series and then blaming A-Rod for said story.

[censored] tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at blaming this on the media. Boras decided to tell the Yankees and make this public during the World Series. Even if they didn't mention it on the Fox broadcast, SI had it by early in the game and it was all over every other news and sports broadcast by the seventh inning. Do you want the media to collectively ignore this story for the "good of the game"?

Gammons was pissed because he was on the field after the Saux won the series and he was being asked questions about A-Rod. He first tried to answer the question and then went into his mini-tirade about the fact that this was happening today, during the World Series (and the rest that is paraphrased in someone else's post).

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they dont have to ignore it for the good of the game. They just cannot TALK about it and then complain about how wrong it is that they are talking about it. If they want to ignore it and then blast Arod, fine. If they want to talk about it, fine. But they cannot talk about it AND blast Arod.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh. The whole media was forced to report it once the SI article broke. Fox can't be like, "and in not-so-breaking news, ARod isn't a Yankee anymore." I think Gammons was just pissed because Arod/Boras knew exactly what would happen and it was weak sauce on their part.