View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you are attempting to argue that being the greatest player of all time isn't just okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'm attempting to argue is that for A-Rod, it seems clear that being the center of attention, and personal gratification, is more important to him than actually winning a World Series, and that, to some extent, those qualities probably make it less likely that he ever will win a World Series, in spite of his ginormous talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he didnt care about winning, he wouldnt have been willing to give up 50 million guaranteed to accept the trade to the redsox, which the players union didnt allow him to do. he begged to get traded from texas, where he was the star. he wanted to go to the sox or the yankees so he could win. he even moved to 3b without an argument. if he was selfish, he would have demanded to play short since he is 10 times the shortstop as jeter.

its odd im defending him here, cause as a mets fan, i have loved watching him struggle in the postseason these past few years.

but to say he didnt care is ludicrous