View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to speak on the phone with someone at AP who is relatively high up if possible. Anyone from AP can feel free to email me or PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

All:

Last week, AP could in fact have gotten away with Dan's idea. It's not even an inherently bad idea; we all know that none of the people playing with any of the 5 billion other legitimate accounts on that site were affected, so if they'd settled up behind the scenes and assured everyone privately, it might have been stopped there. However, that was before they denied the whole thing AND DIDN'T EVEN GIVE THE CHIPDUMPED MONEY BACK and it blew up in their face.

Right now, the only way for AP to survive as a viable company is to get rid of the people involved in this, hire the .xls whistleblower back or give him a settlement (I personally am not doing a [censored] thing to stop leaning on them until that happens) and reassure their clientele. It doesn't have to be a splash on the login screen, but it sure as hell does have to be public in some manner.

Anything else at this point is sending the exact opposite signal to the poker community AND TO WASHINGTON, D.C. from the one we should all be sending. It's too late to take care of things the way that gamblers always have, privately. As of right now, AP's best bet to survive is to do it as a transparently operated room with more honesty and more accountability than anyone else in the business.

That, or nothing.