View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

Hooooooooooooo boy.

Well, I see that most of you aren't happy with my attempted solution here, so I guess it's not going to work.

First off, it's ludicrous to suggest that I got paid off in any way. I have not calculated yet what I lost to GRAYCAT, but I think it's something in the neighborhood of 12k. While that's a substantial sum of money, it wouldn't have much of an impact on my life or bankroll either way. I have not been paid back a dime from this, nor has anyone offered me any hush money. Furthermore, I would not accept any kind of payoff, even if it were a million dollars.

I told Roger that paying us back with the "chip dumping" excuse would probably satisfy a lot of people. I guess I was wrong. When he calls back, I'll have to back away from that stance. It's too bad, because I felt that was the best way for us to get both the money and an implied admission of guilt.

I agree that a full admission of guilt would give the 2+2 community the most respect and trust in AP at this point. However, as I mentioned earlier, the casual player won't see it that way.

If we get back the money (and therefore an implied admission of guilt), the story eventually dies down and nobody directly admits to anything. While 2+2 may forever reference it, the mass media (poker and otherwise) will find the conclusion unexciting and lose interest.

If they admit that former CEOs of the company (who spammed 2+2 as recently as June '07) utilized superuser accounts to cheat people, then it becomes a huge story that never dies and everyone hears about.

You guys need to realize that "informed 2+2-type player" does not equal "casual player who doesn't read poker forums".

In any case, since the vast majority here find my compromise offer to be insufficient, and since I am trying to speak for the masses, I will tell Roger that we desire a full admission as to what went on, along with steps being taken to prevent it in the future.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I don't think it's the best way to go. But that's the way I'll proceed.