Thread: Stiffing
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Stiffing

[ QUOTE ]
Cabbies in vegas are by far the biggest jerks in the world when it comes to hustling tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, they are jerks. if your fare is $7.60 and you make it an even $10 you usually don't even get a thank you. if it's something like $6 and you ask for change for your ten you usually get a look of disappointment and a shake of hte head.

i once had a cabbie who pretended not to know what the "north entrance" of bellagio was. i was heading there from the rio and he insisted that he thought the main entrance was the north entrance after driving by. i told him that it's fine, i only have $8, and its all he's getting (which was true, but i may have said the same thing if it wasn't). he then asked me if i wanted to get out on the strip by the fountains. the meter was at about $7 at this point, so i obviously understood why he wanted to let me out. i told him i wanted to go to the bellagio. he asked me again if i wanted to get out. i said fine, and handed him an even $7. he bitched and moaned because i had told him i would give him $8. i told him that was before he tried to scam me, and then he told me to [censored] off. if i had been smart i would have ripped up the dollar bill while he watched.

las vegas cabbies are scumbags.