View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: The official EPASSPORTE thread.

Both my wife and I have separate ePassporte accounts. A few weeks ago, I needed to deposit via ePass at Absolute before I could withdraw to ePass. I didn't have any money in my ePass account, so I had the wife transfer me $60 via ePass.

I received $55 since I was charged a $5 "load fee". It hurt, but I figured this was a one-time thing.

Current situation... I have a physical card but my wife does not ($35 a year is enough, let alone $70). At the moment, my wife is bringing in all the money. Instead of waiting 7 business days to EFT to her bank account, I was thinking it would be nice if she could just transfer some money to my ePass account and then I would withdraw via ATM.

However, the $5 "load fee" on that $60 transfer scares the hell outta me. I feel like I got hit with this (ePass link):

Loading the ePassporte Account with a credit or debit card will cost US$5.00 per US$100.00 loads, or portion thereof.

But on the same page, I also see this:

ePassporte Account Holders may receive funds from other ePassporte Account Holders at no cost. Funds are transferred instantly and are accessible immediately.

Ummm, so which is it? Why was I charged $5 when my wife transferred me $60, when apparently there is no cost? Are they saying there is "no cost besides our standard load fees"? If so, that's pretty shady.

I want my wife to transfer me around $2k, but I don't want to get hit with $100 in "load fees". Obviously, normally I would call ePassporte to see what's up, but from what I understand, that's pretty much pointless.

I'm hoping the $5 "load fee" was because it was an initial load, because I also see this:

US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof for the initial load., then US$2.00 per reload regardless of amount reloaded.

So, if the charge will only be $2 for the $2k transfer, that's much more palatable.

What say you guys?

Ps. Can people even transfer $2k without special authorization, or are we stuck doing $600 at a time or something gay like that?