View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM

Default 5/10 hand at Bellagio

I was playing 5/10 at the bellagio when this hand came up.
I start the hand with about 770$ villian has me covered.

I am in mid position with one or two limpers before me, i get J 7 of hearts and raise to 50. This isnt a play i normally make but i have a fairly tight image so i decide to do it. Someone about 2 seats after me calls, then villian calls and one limper call, so its a 4 way pot.
The flop is J 10 7 with two spades.
first guy checks i lead for 120, next guy folds villian ask me how i have, i tell her i have 600 left, then she bets 600, the next guy folds and its back to me.

The villian is a regular female player , i have never seen her make a move nearly this is aggressive. For her to make that bet i feel she has to know that she can beat (AA,KK,QQ) which is potenially in my range. The only hand i can beat that can beat that range is 10,7 and i feel thats the least likely hand in her range for her to have. I decide a possible range for her is (10 10, 10 J, 8 9,10 7). Again i feel the 10 7 is the most unlikely considering the position she called in preflop and figure 10,10 or 10,J is most probable. I finnaly fold and she mucks.
Was this probably the right fold?